PlastixPlus recognises the importance of protecting the personal information and the privacy of data provided by you (and that which may personally identify you). We are committed to protecting your privacy during your visits to PlastixPlus websites and recognise our responsibility to keep the information you provide to us confidential at all times.
The Legal basis we rely on:
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. We use Legitimate Interest. In the situations where we collect and process your personal data, we require it to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business.
When you apply for a product or service on the PlastixPlus website, you will be asked for personal information that is needed to process your application. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Our representatives may follow up, either by email, phone or mail, as part of our customer procedures.
- We may periodically send promotional information about products you have specifically enquired about, including special offers or other information which we think may help you to achieve your home improvement objectives, using the contact details you provided by requesting information from us.
For your protection we will also:
- Not hold more information about you than is required for the purposes for which it is being processed. Your information will not be held for longer than one year (brochure request), two years (enquiry only) or 10 years in accordance with product lifespan (for a customer who has made a purchase from PlastixPlus.
- Take reasonable endeavours to ensure that any information about you is accurate and kept up to date.
- Process your information in accordance with your rights under the current General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Why We Ask You For Personal Data.
We ask you for Personal Data for the purposes of:
- Dealing with your requests and queries.
Information we may collect from you:
If you enter your personal details on our website, we will ask you for your name, address, telephone numbers (mobile and landline) and email address.
1 Updated February 2020
As part of our commitment to raising standards, we may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations, emails or texts), for quality assurance, legal, compliance and training purposes.
We collect, use and store your personal information for the following reasons:
- To allow our advisers, agents and sales representatives to follow up our service, either by email, telephone, text or mail, as part of our customer care procedure;
- To help us to understand your needs and provide a better service;
- To help us to improve our products and services;
- To enable us to occasionally contact you for market research purposes;
- To enable us to send you information about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting;
- To administer our websites;
- To improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- To facilitate our internal record keeping;
- To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss;
- To process orders which you place for goods or services from us;
- To prepare before and after photographs of enhancements to your property to use for marketing purposes;
- For improvement and maintenance of our website and the app and preparing reports or compiling statistics in order to improve our goods and services. Such details will be anonymised as far as is reasonably possible and you will not be identifiable from the information collected;
- To provide relevant goods or services to you or your employer including, to confirm and process orders, for administration of your account with us, customer loans, tax and export, billing and debt collection purposes where applicable;
- To deal with any enquiries or issues you have about our goods and services, including any questions you may have about how we collect, store and use your personal information, or any requests made by you for a copy of the information we hold about you. If we do not have a contract with you, we may process your personal information for these purposes where it is in our legitimate interests for customer services purposes;
- To send you certain communications (including by email, post and texts) about our goods and services such as service announcements and administrative messages (for example, setting out changes to our terms and conditions and keeping you informed about our fees and charges);
- For health and safety and quality assurance;
- To carry out statistical analysis and market research;
- To contact you (including by email, post and texts) with information about our products and services which either you request, or which we feel will be of interest to you (including newsletters), but only where you have consented to this;
- To comply with any procedures, laws and regulations which apply to us – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others to comply, as well as where we are legally required to do so;
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others, as well as where we are legally required to do so;
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- The erasure of your personal data when you object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
- Review of any decision made based solely on automatic processing of your data (i.e. where no human has yet reviewed the outcome and criteria for the decision).
2 Updated February 2020